Brunswick Bowling Products has announced it has signed a three-year, multimillion-dollar sponsorship and product registration agreement with the PBA, assuring products for all brands will be represented on the Go Bowling PBA Tour: Brunswick, Columbia 300, DV8, Ebonite, Hammer, Radical, and Track ball brands; Brunswick and Hammer bowling shoes and all of the accessories for Ultimate Bowling Products and Powerhouse brands.
“The PBA sponsorship was one of our top priorities as a follow up to the recent Ebonite acquisition. This multi-year agreement with the PBA confirms our commitment to all of our consumer brands and to growing the sport of bowling,” said Corey Dykstra, Brunswick Bowling Products CEO (at left).
The agreement also solidified Brunswick as the “Exclusive Official Capital Equipment and Lane Maintenance Supplier” to the PBA through 2022. As such, the PBA will use Brunswick MAX® lane machines, cleaners, conditioners and cloth exclusively on the PBA Tour and the PBA50 Tour. In addition, Brunswick will also furnish the bowling equipment for PBA arena events conducted during the next three seasons, including pinsetters, ball returns, Sync® scoring systems, and Pro Lane™ synthetic lanes. Brunswick will supply MAX® crown bowling pins to be used during televised PBA Tour competitions and will be named as the preferred bowling ball brand at PBA Tour pro-am events.
PBA CEO Colie Edison commented, “We are very excited to continue the long-standing partnership between Brunswick and the PBA. This relationship has been productive for more than 60 years, and we appreciate Brunswick’s tradition of supporting competitive bowling and look forward to continuing to deliver outstanding value to their brands.”
“Brunswick Bowling Products was born out of a love for the sport and nearly 130 years later that passion is still at the heart of everything we do,” Dykstra added. “We are thrilled that the best bowlers in the world will continue to compete using the best bowling equipment.”
HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT BEGINS FOR PBA BOWLING CHALLENGE GAME PLAYERS
A special Holiday Tournament is underway for the popular PBA Bowling Challenge for mobile devices, Concrete Software has announced.
The limited-time tournament calls for players to bowl a 245 or higher game. Each game of 245 or higher will count as an entry. At the conclusion of the Holiday Tournament at 1 a.m. Eastern on December 27, three entries will be randomly selected to receive a bowling pin signed by PBA stars along with 5,000 Gold Pins within the PBA Bowling Challenge game.
To get started, open the PBA Bowling Challenge game app on your mobile device. Enter the Winter Tournament on the North Pole venue. There is no cost to enter, but participants must be 18 or older.
PBA PLAYER’S PERSPECTIVE: EJ TACKETT RE-VISITS 2017 DHC PBA JAPAN INVITATIONAL
The PBA Player’s Perspective interview series, featuring PBA title winners reflecting on their victories, continues over the holiday season with a Christmas Eve day presentation of EJ Tackett’s insights into his victory in the DHC PBA Japan Invitational to kick off the 2017 season. Tackett’s perspective will debut Tuesday on the PBA’s YouTube channel.
To view all of the PBA Player’s Perspective episodes, visit the PBA’s YouTube channel and click on the PBA Player’s Perspective play list. The weekly series includes a new perspective released every Tuesday on the PBA’s YouTube channel. The following players will provide personal play-by-play reflections in the weeks ahead:
• Jan. 7 – Kris Prather will explain what was going through his mind in winning his first PBA Tour title in the 2019 PBA Scorpion Championship during World Series of Bowling X.
• Jan. 14 – Bill O’Neill talks about his victory in the 2019 PBA Hall of Fame Classic, a win that made him title-eligible for PBA Hall of Fame consideration in the future.
• Jan. 21 – Jakob Butturff made the PBA Oklahoma Open a part of his “career year.” He’ll share insights about his 2019 win in Shawnee, Okla.
• Jan. 28 – Sean Rash will take a look into his past, revealing what he experienced in winning the 2012 PBA Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas.
Player’s Perspectives currently in the archives on YouTube include:
• Norm Duke’s stunning 2011 U.S. Open win (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ0cGzRfnBk).
• Kris Prather’s historic PBA Playoffs victory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hISjw3KmGCk).
• Anthony Simonsen’s win in the 2019 Bear Open (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2k25WKNzQ).
• Sean Rash’s 2019 Wolf Open title (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNxO2WdaZo).
• EJ Tackett’s Barbasol PBA Tour Finals victory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuLOuU8btQ).
• Bill O’Neill’s 2019 Harry O’Neale Chesapeake Open win (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwE3YYFjso).
• Jason Belmonte’s historic 11th major title victory in the 2019 PBA World Championship (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4QqbkRPirM).
• Jakob Butturff’s 2019 USBC Masters win (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cuYcXxfXXs).
Fans can follow all of the latest video clips and more by enrolling as a subscriber to PBA’s YouTube channel. It’s easy and it’s free. Visit YouTube.com/PBABowling and click on the “subscribe” button.
The PBA Regional program will wrap up its 2019 season with PBA/PBA50 Houston Emerald Bowl Doubles Dec. 20-22 in Houston, Texas. The Southwest Region event is projected to pay $7,000 for first place.
• For complete PBA Regional schedules heading into the 2020 season, including rules and entry information, visit pba.com, open the “schedules” tab and click on PBA Regional Tours to find the event(s) in your area. Whether you are a competitor or a fan, you can follow “live scoring” for all PBA Regional events on pba.com (easily accessible for Apple and Android device users using the PBA app).
• Patrick Allen, a 13-time PBA Tour champion and 2019 PBA Hall of Fame inductee, has been elected to the United States Bowling Congress Hall of Fame along with eight-time PWBA titlist Marianne DiRupo, a fellow New Jersey resident. Allen had a career-year during the 2004-05 season when he earned PBA Player of the Year honors after winning the PBA World Championship and finishing among the top five in the other three major championships (U.S. Open, USBC Masters and PBA Tournament of Champions). Other PBA members on USBC’s Superior Performance ballot were Bryan Goebel, Wes Malott, Randy Pedersen, Mike Scroggins and Mark Williams. The USBC Hall of Fame induction ceremonies will take place on April 29 during the USBC Convention at The Orleans in Las Vegas.
# # #